We as humans are all different in height, shape and size. We have varying levels of flexibility and can carry different injuries. Although these variances can be small, the time and repetitive motion of riding a bike can increase them. Simple details such as saddle height and handlebar position become more critical as riding duration and intensity increase. For these reasons and many more we can all benefit from an individual and professional bike fitting.
All bikes are fitted by trained member of staff.
We take bike fit very seriously at Climb On Bikes. Every road bike purchased from Climb On Bikes will include a free £75 bike fit. Further to this we provide the option to upgrade to a Retul bike fit for just £125 within the first 6 months of the purchase date.
Retul is the most advanced bike fitting process available. It encapsulates the latest 3d motion capture technology along side the experience and knowledge of a qualified fit technician.
A Retul fit includes the following:
- The fitter conducts an initial physical assessment of the rider, and at this point can address the rider’s concerns about performance, pain, or any other issues the rider hopes to alleviate during the bike fit.
- LED markers are strategically placed on eight anatomical points of the rider: the wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, heel, and toe.
- As the rider pedals, Retül’s sensor bar gathers real-time, three-dimensional data of the rider’s pedal strokes and movements.
- Retül’s rotating platform allows the fitter to collect data for both sides of the rider without the rider leaving the bike.
- The rider’s data is compiled into a reader-friendly report for analysis by the fitter. The fitter can then assess the rider’s position and make necessary adjustments.
- The Zin, Retül’s handheld digitizer, allows the fitter to digitally measure the rider’s bike at 13-15 points, depending on the bike. The Zin can measure fixed points, contours, and curves, and provides a complete digital map of the bike.
- The fit information is saved and stored on the fitter’s computer.
- The data includes the rider’s personal profile, measurements from the fit, bike measurements, and the rider’s final fit position.
- The fitter will be able to access and print these records for comparison and tracking of historical fit data for the client.