Our basic maintenance classes are designed for people looking to learn or improve on the skills needed to keep a bike roadworthy as well as making key roadside repairs. With a few specific tools there is no reason why even the least mechanically-minded individual can’t perform simple, regular bike maintenance to help reduce wear and tear and keep the repair bills down.
The classes are designed to be practical sessions; our fully qualified mechanics will demonstrate all techniques but will be hands-on for those attending to gain in confidence, therefore class sizes are restricted to 6 people, at £15 per person and discounts will be available on the day for any cleaning products/tools etc.
We do not require those attending to bring bikes as we have plenty to demonstrate on but please ensure you are wearing something warm for the cleaning sessions which will be held outside.
Basic Maintenance Classes Available:
- Cleaning and maintaining your bike: The cleaner your bike is the better it will work. You will learn how to properly clean your bike as well as degreasing and lubricating the drivetrain. We will look at the best products to use and what to do with them.
- Puncture Repairs: How to properly fit a new inner tube. You’ll be removing wheels, tyres and tubes and looking at the best ways to fix a puncture, best practice and the tools you need to carry to be able to carry on riding.
- Tuesday 7th November (Cleaning)
- Thursday 9th November (Punctures)
- Tuesday 14th November (Cleaning)
- Thursday 16th November (Punctures)
- Tuesday 21st November (Cleaning)
- Thursday 23rd November (Punctures)
- Tuesday 28th November (Cleaning)
- Thursday 30th November (Punctures)
Please phone 01432 261211 or email [email protected] to book.